GEORGETOWN ANIMAL CLINIC, PC INTRODUCES ITS NEWEST ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
MLS LASER THERAPY
Laser Therapy is an advanced modality for the treatment of inflammatory or painful conditions in pets.
What does MLS stand for?
The patented MLS or Multi-wave Locked System delivers two specific, synchronized wavelengths of laser light: One laser emission acts on inflammation; the other has an analgesic, or pain-relieving effect.
How does MLS Laser Therapy work?
MLS Laser Therapy uses specific wavelengths of light that have a strong anti-inflammatory, anti-edema effect on tissues that are exposed to the laser. Painful conditions accompanied by swelling or inflammation benefit from this technology. Photons of laser energy penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. As a result of exposure to the MLS Laser, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles repair themselves faster. As inflammation is reduced, pain subsides very quickly. In simple terms, laser energy kick-starts the healing process, thereby speeding recovery.
Is it safe? What are the possible side effects?
Laser therapy is cleared by the FDA. Low level light therapy has been proven successful as evidenced by extensive and credible studies conducted in our country's finest institutions including Harvard University. There are no known negative side effects.
What are the uses of the MLS Laser Therapy?
MLS Laser Therapy Effectively Treats:
- Tendon and Ligament Injuries
- Arthritis, Sore Joints
- Back Pain (Intervertebral Disease)
- Skin Wounds, Hot Spots, Lick Granulomas, Chronic Non-Healing Wounds
- Acute or Chronic Ear Problems
- Sore Muscles, Muscle Strains
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Anal Gland Inflammation
- Neurological Pain
- General Pain
- Pre and Post Surgical Treatment
What are the benefits of MLS Laser Therapy?
- Anti-inflammatory: MLS Laser Therapy reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation
- Analgesic: It blocks pain transmitted by nerve cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. It also increases endorphins and encephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
- Accelerates Cellular Reproduction and Growth: Photons of light from the laser penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate tissue repair and cell growth.
- Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS Laser stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
- Reduces Fibrous Tissue Formation: Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
- Improves Nerve Function: Laser Therapy speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection.
- Faster Wound Healing: The MLS Laser stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue, Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries