Georgetown Animal Clinic, PC is committed to participating in various community activities that actively support various community outreach programs and events.
Dr. Newman and his wife Phyllis recently traveled to Guatemala where they were part of Mayan Families: Hope for the Animals.
While there, Dr. Newman examined well over 120 dogs, and spayed/neutered over 90. Many of the dogs and cats are owned, but since the owners are unable to afford to feed them, the dogs are turned out into the street to find food. The cost of veterinary care is out of the question, but their love for their pets is amazing!
Phyllis accompanied Mayan families as they delivered daily breakfast to three outlying preschools. Mayan families also provides a noon meal and a take home meal five days a week for seniors unable to afford adequate nourishment.
Mayan Families is an amazing not-for-profit organization making a real difference for the indigenous families it serves. To learn more, please click here.
Some of our community involvements include:
- Amherst Middle School: Supporting community middle school drama and music departments.
- Amherst Youth Hockey: Supporting local youth house and travel hockey teams.
- Beechwood Continuing Care: Committed to nurturing each individual's quality of living and aging by honoring personal values in a supportive environment.
- Camp Good Days and Special Times: Provides year-round recreational and support activites for children with cancer and their families, as well as programs for children touched by sickle cell anemia.
- Christopher Pepper Fundraiser: Fundraiser to help a community member with cancer.
- Erie County SPCA: Georgetown Animal Clinic, PC is proud to display current animals available for adoption.
- Foundation for Inclusive Catholic Education: FICE supports children who receive special education services in Catholic schools located in the Diocese of Buffalo NY.
- Jonathon Cote Memorial Motorcycle Ride and Fundraiser: Raising money for an annual scholarship in Jonathon's name. Jonathon was a POW and later killed in Iraq.
- Junior Diabetes Research Foundation: JDRF is the leading global organization funding Type 1 diabetes research.
- Lou Gehrig's Youth Baseball and Softball: Team and Outfield sponsor of a community house baseball and softball.
- Niagara Frontier Veterinary Society: NFVS is comprised of more than 70 small animal hospitals and more than 175 practitioners in Erie and Niagara Counties. It exists to advance in public awareness and understanding of proper pet health care, veterinary services and the veterinary profession.
- Pet Emergency Fund: PEF's mission is to provide a safety net of dollars for pet owners who cannot afford the full burden of their pet's emergency medical care.
- Say Yes Buffalo: Say Yes Buffalo was created to strengthen our local economy by investing in the education of our city's future workforce.
- St. Benedict's Parish Rosary Altar Society: A group of dedicated women who seek to promote the spiritual welfare of its members and give financial assistance to the parish when possible.
- Ten Lives Club: A Cat Rescue and Adoption Agency committed in providing shelter to abused, stray and surrendered family pets that would otherwise have no place to go or be euthanized.